Production Tenant Features
- Sliced Visual Merchandising: Visual Merchandising now better supports the Slicing feature, displaying product slices on the storefront in the order they were ranked through visual merchandising.
- Search by Product Attributes: Product attributes can now be searched for in the Products view of UCP, enabling admin users to more easily find products they may be looking for. A query with the below syntax can be typed directly into the search bar or entered in the new “Attribute Search” field in the Advanced Search pop-up filters. Custom attributes are currently supported by this feature, but mapping attributes are not. The syntax for the query is attribute:code=value, such as attribute:color=red. To search for multiple attributes, use a semicolon as in attribute:color=red;size=L or use a space between the expressions as in attribute:color=red attribute:size=XL.
Order Admin and Fulfiller Functionality
- SMS Store Notifications: Some types of SMS (text) notifications can now be sent to fulfiller users. These notifications are sent directly to store associates to inform them about updates in the fulfillment process that they may need to take action on, such as orders being cancelled. There are three message topics, the default templates of which include the relevant Store ID, a link to view the shipment details, and a link to the Fulfiller UI. These message topics are Order Cancelled, Item/Shipment Cancelled, and Fulfillment Location Assigned, and are triggered whenever that type of cancellation occurs or their location is assigned to a shipment they need to fulfill. SMS notifications should first be enabled in the site settings, and then individual fulfiller users can be opted in or out through the user management settings within the Fulfiller UI.Note: This feature can be tested in sandboxes, but requires the assistance of Kibo Engineering to fully enable and test for use in production. Please contact your Kibo project team if you wish to use this feature.
- Transaction Logs: UCP now sends transaction logs to new clients in order management. Five types of logs are sent: Sales, Transfers, Credits, Cancels, and Returns. These reports include information regarding the specifics of each order captured, providing detailed order data reporting and accounting. For more information, see the transactional log documentation. Clients who are upgrading to UCP from the previous version of OMS and using translated APIs receive logs that are translated, so no changes have been made to their existing functionality.
- Canada Post Shipping Manifests: Canada Post manifests are now supported in the Fulfiller UI for locations with Canada Post enabled as a carrier, and can be accessed via the “Shipping Manifests” page in the navigation menu. If a manifest is required at the location, then they can be generated for one or more selected shipments and printed from this page. Previously generated manifests can be viewed and reprinted if necessary.
- Purolator Shipping Carrier: Purolator is now supported as a shipping carrier, allowing its shipping methods and rates to be configured in UCP site settings and then labels generated in the Fulfiller UI with EasyPost. Purolator should be configured under System > Settings > Shipping > Carriers with appropriate account credentials before it is enabled as a carrier option for locations and location groups. This carrier supports service types of PurolatorExpress, PurolatorGround, and PurolatorQuickShip.
- No-Operation Payment Gateways: No-operation gateways can now support multiple card types in one single gateway to process payments and gift cards. A no-operation gateway does not require any credentials to connect to an external payment service and considers This is useful for clients upgrading from a previous version of OMS who were already using “NoOp” payments, or any client who needs to use no-operation gateways for credit payments along with gift cards.
- Session Expiration: When a Fulfiller UI user’s session times out after a period of inactivity, the interface now automatically refreshes the page and redirects the user to the Log In screen and prompts them to log back in to resume their session.
Production Sandbox Features
- Sliced Visual Merchandising Enhancements: To further improve the Visual Merchandising support of Slicing as done in Version 1.2025, the boost & bury functionality is now extended to slices. This allows administrators to bury a slice in the same manner as non-sliced products, so that the slice is displayed as the last result in its category. A maximum of 50 products and/or slices can be buried, and if multiple slices are buried then they are all grouped at the end of the category as seen on the Visual Merchandising page.Additionally, product and slice rankings have been updated to work more seamlessly. Slices can be ranked like standard products and will maintain their ranked position if the sort option is changed. If a product is ranked but then becomes sliced, the slice will appear in the same ranking. However, if a slice is ranked and the product is then changed to be no longer sliced, the base product will not replace the slice’s ranked spot – instead the slice will no longer be displayed on the storefront in that ranked position, and an “unknown product” placeholder will be displayed on the Visual Merchandising page for an admin.
Order Admin and Fulfiller Functionality
- Fulfiller Dashboard Optimizations: Enhancements have been done to improve the response time of the Fulfiller UI upon first load, where it previously experienced timeouts and other performance issues when the network was slow or a large number of stores locations were in use. The processes to load shipment information have been updated to more efficiently handle this data and retrieve fulfiller information.
- Thermal and Laser Manifests: USPS and Canada Post integrations can now generate shipping manifests with LASER or THERMAL as the label format, better supporting Laser and Thermal printing instead of processing the manifest document only as an image or other file format.
- View Incoming Transfers: When viewing the details of a shipment in the Fulfiller interface, any incoming transfer shipments that have been created to fulfill unavailable inventory are now displayed. The transfer shipment number, origin location, and current status (Not Yet Shipped, In Transit, or Received) are all listed alongside the product information and quantity being transferred. This keeps the fulfiller user up-to-date on when inventory is on its way and allows them to better manage their shipments that require transfers and be prepared to receive the items and complete shipment.
The following list summarizes resolved issues for this release.
|Targeted for Production Tenants||GET calls to the storefront Products API (../catalog/admin/products/) was not returning all image group information in the product details as it was expected to. Thie required workarounds in the form of additional API calls in order to get images, which affected performance and loading times on pages such as categories and searches. This has been updated so that this API will return all image data in the response.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||Localized variant options, such as localized pricing, were not updating properly in the catalog and instead were removed (set to a blank value). This has been fixed so that localized variant values properly update, and is related to the above production tenant fix for localized non-English values.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||Following up on a fix in 1.2021, errors were sometimes experienced when calling the translated Cancel Order API for clients upgrading from a previous version of OMS. This was due to the system requiring payments to be refunded, which must be a void instead of refund in the case of no-operation payments. Support has been added to automatically void the payment when a request is made to the Cancel Order API for canceling an order placed with a no-operation payment.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||Making an API call to the Customer API with a filter for updatedDate was not including all results in the response. The way that these dates are tracked has been adjusted so that they can be properly filtered and new customer accounts can be easily found by searching for recently updated accounts.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||When a B2B user added a list of items to their cart and at least one of the products had insufficient inventory, the appropriate error message was not displayed to inform the user that the item(s) were not in stock. This has been corrected so that the proper error message will be shown.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||Valid shipping methods for Canada Post were not being displayed as shipping options while creating an order, if the site’s locale was set to en-CA. This has been fixed so that the corresponding carrier shipping methods are properly supported and are selectable for new orders.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||Trying to generate a return label with Canada Post resulted in a 500 Error instead of creating the label. This has been corrected so that Canada Post integrations can properly provide labels for returns.|