The standard product gift card type requires you to create a special product type before configuring the gift card product.
Create the Product Type
You must first create the product type for your gift card so that Kibo eCommerce knows the product is a gift card.
- Go to System > Schema > Product Types.
- Click Create New Product Type.
- Enter a Name.
- Under Supported Usage Types, ensure that Standard Product is selected.
If you plan on creating configurable gift cards, select Configurable Product with Options in addition to Standard Product. You can use the same product type for the two different gift card types.
- Under Advanced, select This Product Type is a Digital Gift Card.
- Click Save to save and close the product type editor.
Create the Gift Card Product
After creating the product type, you then create the gift card product and apply the product type you previously created.
- Go to Main > Catalog > Products.
- Click Create New Product.
- Click the Plus button on the global tab to add the gift card to a specific catalog.
- Enter a Code for the gift card.
- Select a Status for the gift card.
The Status drop-down menu does not appear if you did not previously select a specific catalog.
- Under Product Type, select the gift card product type you previously created.
- Under Product Usage, select Standard Product.
- Enter a Name for the gift card.
This is the name that appears on your storefront and is visible to shoppers.
- (Optional) Enter a Short Description, a Full Description, and add a Product Image.
- Under Price, specify the price you wish to charge for the gift card.
- Under Gift Card/Credit Value, specify the credit amount the gift card is for.
This field defaults to the same value you entered for Price.
- (Recommended) Under Product Discounts, Kibo eCommerce recommends to select Restrict discounts on this product to prevent discounts being applied to the gift card price.
- Under First Available Date, ensure the correct date is selected when the gift card product first became available.
- (Optional) Add any applicable properties, categories and SEO information to the gift card.
- Click Save to save the gift card product.
- If your product publishing settings are set to Staged, complete your product publishing workflow to publish the gift card.