After creating a location type, you can create a location and associate it with the location type(s) you defined.
You can also manage locations via Kibo's Location Administration APIs. See the Update Locations Using Postman Runner video tutorial for a walkthrough of how to update locations via Postman Runner.
The Locations Page
A list of all locations is displayed on the initial Locations view at Main > Orders > Locations. You can click Create New Location in the top right to add a new location to the list (as documented below), or edit an existing location by clicking the dropdown menu on the right of its entry in the table (which opens the same configuration options as location creation).
Create a New Location
To create a location:
- Go to Main > Orders > Locations.
- Click Create New Location.
- From the Location Types drop-down menu, select one or more location types.
- From the Fulfillment Types drop-down menu, select one or more fulfillment types the location supports.
- Select a Status for the location.
- Enter a Name.
- Enter a Code.
- Enter a physical Address.
- Enter a Shipping Origin Contact.
- Fill out any other optional details that are appropriate for your location.
- Click Save.
Duplicate a Location
You can duplicate a location to quickly create new locations that are based off of existing locations.
To duplicate a location:
- Go Main > Orders > Locations.
- Click the More Actions button next to the location you want to duplicate, and select Duplicate:
- In the new location, complete all required fields.
Use steps 3 to 11 under Create a Location to complete adding your new location.
Associate Carriers to Locations
Carrier accounts can be linked to a particular location to identify which account credentials should be used when that location is fulfilling a shipment with that carrier. This is particularly useful when there are multiple accounts for one carrier that are dependent on location. However, note that more extensive carrier settings such as their supported shipping methods are configured at the location group level, not for an individual location.
- Go to Main > Orders > Location.
- While either creating a new location or editing an existing one, a section for Carrier Accounts settings can be found at the bottom of the location configurations.
- For each listed carrier, type the desired account nickname and select it from the results that appear.
A default, or preferred, shipping carrier can be selected for location groups that have already been created.
- Go to Main > Orders > Location Groups to view all groups.
- Click Edit in the drop-down menu on the right of the desired group.
- Click Config Settings and scroll down to Shipping.
- Check the carriers that can be supported by this group and select one as the default carrier. Also select the default printer type (laser or thermal) and whether to use return labels or not.
- You can select more than one location type if more than one type applies.
- You can select more than one fulfillment type if your location supports both direct ship and in-store pick up.
- Create a unique code for each location.
- Enter latitude and longitude coordinates in numerical format.
For example, latitude = 38.8897 and longitude = 77.0089.
- Select the Location supports inventory checkbox if the location maintains merchandise.
Optionally, if you want to be able to fulfill items from the location without sufficient on hand stock select Allow fulfillment without stock on hand. Refer to Inventory Management for more information.
- Your site's theme controls whether the hours of operation information is exposed on the site storefront.