Returns are created from the order details page of an existing order.
- Go to Main > Orders > Orders.
- Click the order you want to start a return for.
- Click the Returns tab to see a list of returnable items in the order (as well as status of any returns that already exist).
- Use the checkboxes on the right to select a product or products to return.
You can return every item in an order or only select items. You can also return products and extras as a whole or select only certain items from within the bundle to return.
You can also create multiple returns for a single order if you want to handle the return differently for different line items.
- For each selected product, select the reason for the return using the Reported Issue drop-down menu. The default reasons that are available out-of-the-box are listed below, but you can customize your list of return reasons with an API Extension action.
- Missing Parts
- Different Expectations
- No Longer Wanted
- For each selected product, select the resolution type that the shopper seeks under Resolution:
Replace Select this option if the shopper desires a replacement product. You can still provide a refund to the shopper under this option. Refund Select this option if the shopper only desires a refund. You can still send a replacement if conditions change later in the process.
- For each selected product, enter the Qty to Return.
- Repeat the steps for all the items you want to return.
- Click Initiate Return.
- Select a return location from the drop-down list of locations that accept returns.
- The selected option will be the location that should expect the returned items to be delivered to them by the customer, and a generated return label will display this location on it.
- If a default return location has been designated in settings, it will be the first result displayed. To select another option, begin typing a location name in the text field and matching results will be displayed.
- Click Create Return.
The return will now be visible in the Returns tab of the particular order’s details view and on the dashboard at Main > Orders > Returns.