Use pick waves to efficiently collect items for multiple shipments from your store. You can generate new pick waves with different configurations as well as manage existing pick waves in the Fulfiller UI.
Access Pick Waves
Pick waves are only accessible in the Fulfiller UI if you have selected a specific location from the navigation menu (not "All Stores") and pick waves are enabled for that store in its location group configuration options. If you have not selected a store or picking is not enabled, then the Pick & Pack page will not be listed in the navigation menu.
If you are an administrator, then you may be set to All Stores by default and will be unable to see Pick & Pack. To change this, click the location indicator at the top of the menu to select a store. Pick & Pack will then be available.
Create a Pick Wave
In pick waves, shipments are filtered based on order type and can have a customizable amount of orders. To create a new wave:
- Go to Main > Fulfiller > Pick & Pack > Create Wave.
- Select the order type you want to create the pick wave for.
- Pick waves for the STH order type will include Transfer and FedEx Cross Border shipments in addition to standard STH shipments.
- Pick waves for the BOPIS order type will include both standard BOPIS and Curbside shipments.
- Select a pick wave type.
- Single Item Shipments: Select only shipments that have one item.
- Multiple Item Shipments: Select only shipments with more than one item.
- All Item Shipments: Includes both single and multiple item shipments.
- Set the Number of Orders you want to include in the pick wave.
- If desired, click the Advanced button to reveal additional configurations.
- The button text will change to Simple, allowing you to switch back to the default creation form shown above.
- Configure the optional advanced options as desired.
- The shipping preferences (All, Standard Only, or Express Only)
- Product matching by product identifier (product matching will still add all of a shipment's items to the pick wave as long as at least one item matches the criteria)
- The date or date range in which the order was placed.
- Click Create Pick Wave to generate the wave.
All associated shipments will then be placed into the In Pick Wave state. The pick wave sheet, individual packing lists, and single order sheets can be printed upon wave creation.
Manage Pick Waves
Upon creation, the associated shipments will be given an “In Pick Wave” attribute in their shipment details view. To view all existing pick waves and perform the wave:
- Go to Main > Fulfiller > Pick & Pack > Open Waves. All pick waves will be displayed in a table.
- Click a wave to view its details. Individual items will be listed by shipment and can be picked one by one.
- Indicate the actual quantity of the item you picked in the Actual QTY column.
- When all items have been picked, click Close Pick Wave.
All picked shipments will then be moved to the next fulfillment step in their flow.
When viewing a pick wave, similar items will be grouped together across shipments. Items that are the same product will be listed under a collapsible parent row with a child row for each shipment. This means that if 5 shipments have 1 quantity of Product 123, the pick sheet will show one parent row for Product 123 with a quantity of 5 and display child rows beneath it for each individual shipment that has a quantity of 1.
The example below shows a case where the parent row for Product C has been expanded to show child rows for two shipments, whose quantities of 1 and 5 add up to the total of 6 displayed in the parent row.
Sort by Locator Names
If inventory locator names have been set for the items through the Refresh Inventory API, then that information will be displayed alongside the bin to help the user locate the items in their store. If you want to sort the pick waves by ascending or descending order based on this locator name, you must customize your FFUI theme and enable the tenant setting