Production Tenant Features
- B2B: The Business-to-Business commerce feature of the previous eCommerce platform has been implemented in Unified Commerce. This includes the feature’s full functionality of creating B2B accounts and users, using lists and the purchase order payment method, and specialized user roles for B2B administrators and purchasers. For more information, see the eCommerce B2B user guide here.
- Multiship: The multiship functionality supported by the previous eCommerce platform is now extended to Unified Commerce. This enables shipping items to multiple different addresses, or using a combination of fulfillment methods for the items, such as both STH and BOPIS. This functionality supports the creation of split orders, successfully fulfilling them with all required payment actions, shipment updates, and potential return events. For more informatino, see the eCommerce Multiship guide here.
- Bronto Email Integration: The Bronto integration of the previous eCommerce platform has been extended to Unified Commerce, allowing UCP clients to use the Bronto application as it already exists with classic eCommerce. Bronto can send marketing emails and transactional notifications. For more information, see the Bronto application guide here.
New Functionality and Order Management
- Return Confirmation: A pop-up is now displayed when closing a return in the Order Admin UI, asking the user to confirm whether they really wish to close the return or not. Previously, there was no confirmation and the return was immediately closed upon the button click, which risked return cases being accidentally closed.
- BPM Configurations: Previously, there was no section to configure BPM settings in location groups. Now, a section titled “BPM Configurations” is listed on the location group configurations page and allows a shipment type to be selected and workflow container and process identifiers to be set. This supports STH, BOPIS, and Transfer shipments.
Production Sandbox Features
- Rules-Based Page Display: The Rules-Based Page Display feature of the previous eCommerce platform has been implemented in Unified Commerce. This is part of the Site Builder that allows the management of conditions in which a webpage is displayed to the viewer. The rules that are currently supported are based on the customer segment of the page viewer and the active start/end dates of the page variant, allowing the variant to only be displayed for certain customers and/or during a certain time frame.
Order Management Functionality
- Carrier Accounts and Credentials: Multiple carrier accounts can be created for each fulfillment carrier under shipping settings, allowing different accounts to be used as needed at the site, location, and location group levels. Different shipping credentials by location group are also supported, supporting more flexible carrier account configurations.
- Canada Post Support: Canada Post can now be enabled as a valid fulfillment carrier in the shipping configuration settings of the Admin UI, under Shipping > Carriers. Credentials can be set up for Canada Post, allowing them to be associated with sites, locations, and location groups per the Carrier Accounts and Credentials enhancement described above.
- User Endpoint Upgrade: An endpoint has been made to query active users from existing OMS retailers and manufacturers and generate Unified Commerce Platform invites for them, allowing users to be moved from the existing OMS platform to UCP while retaining their previous roles and email addresses.
- Errored Payment Statuses: New payment rollup statuses have been created to enable filtering orders that have an errored payment. These statuses are “Errored” and “PendingAndErrored,” to account for cases where some orders may have multiple payment methods. The Errored status indicates that at least one payment has failed authorization or capture, while the ErroredAndPending status applies to orders with at least one errored method in addition to at least one active payment (New, Authorized, Invoiced, PaymentRequested, or Pending). This allows the order search to return results for these statuses so that their payment problems can be addressed. Searching for “Pending” will return orders in the Pending and PendingAndErrored statuses. Searching for “Errored” will return orders in the Errored and PendingAndErrored statuses.
- Payment Transaction Error Event: A new payment error event has been implemented to enable sending payment transaction error notifications. This event and its subsequent notification is triggered anytime a payment error happens on or after order submit. All payment actions and payment types can trigger these notifications. Note that in the previous OMS platform, these notifications were only sent on the third failed attempt. However, in UCP these notifications are sent any time an error occurs. OMS Upgraded clients receive payment transaction error notifications when errors are experienced on capture or refund, and they are translated to the classic format.
The following list summarizes resolved issues for this release.
|Targeted for Production Tenants||The Fulfiller UI did not paginate the location table properly when more than 99 locations existed. The 100th location entry and its name would not be displayed in the table, shipments tab view, or “assigned to” field of the shipment view. This has been corrected so that all locations are properly paginated and displayed.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||When an order was fulfilled from the Fulfiller UI and a shipment confirmation email was triggered, the tracking number data was missing from the email body. This has been fixed so that the appropriate tracking numbers are displayed in these emails.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||When calling the translated Get Order, Get Shipment, or Get Order Item APIs for clients upgrading from a previous version of OMS, the response displayed the partNumber, UPC, and SKU fields incorrectly. The partNumber and SKU were always displayed as null, while the UPC value was set to another identifier. This has been fixed so that this item data is properly returned.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||The payment before action was sometimes experiencing timeouts in the Decision Manager Arc.js application. This has been corrected so that these actions can be performed without timing out.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||eCommerce pricelists based on customer segments did not work unless they were enabled as the default pricelist. This meant that customers could be shown the incorrect item price on the product page if their intended pricelist was not a default. This has been fixed so that the appropriate pricelists are active for their customer segment.|
|Targeted for Production Sandboxes||Searching for an order number in the Fulfiller UI did not return the order or shipment that matched that number as the first result. This has been fixed so that the matching result is the first one listed.|
|Targeted for Production Sandboxes||If an External Order ID contained a special character, then searching for that ID in the Fulfiller UI would not return the correct order result and the UI would not display the results properly. This has been fixed so that special characters in External Order IDs will not interfere with the search results and display the appropriate order.|
|Targeted for Production Sandboxes||The catalog inventory grid was not properly paginating entries. This has been corrected so that larger numbers of inventory can be properly viewed across different pages in the table.|
|Targeted for Production Sandboxes||General email settings were not being followed, in which emails such as Shipment Assigned and Item Cancelled were still triggered even when disabled in administrative settings. This has been corrected so that if email settings are disabled, then those emails should not get triggered and sent by the system.|