Production Tenant Features
eCommerce & Order Management Functionality
- Digital Gift Cards in Order Admin: Digital gift card information is now displayed as part of the shipment details in the Order Admin, including the card number and PIN, the names and emails of the sender and the recipient, and the gift card message. The recipient information and gift card message can be updated, and the gift card email can be resent to the recipient if needed. Note that these digital products are created as a shipment with the type “Digital” that is automatically marked as fulfilled and captured upon creation. See the Digital Gift Cards guide for more information.
- Mobile Fulfiller Enhancements: The ability to scan UPCs and SKUs from the Validate Stock step of BOPIS, Ship to Home, and Transfer shipments in the mobile fulfiller application has now been added to support scanning with Linea Pro Sled devices for a particular implementation. Several enhancements have been made to improve the display of text fields in the Validate Stock step and fix the search bar that was not returning results.
- Block Assignment for Backorders: The blockAssignment flag that blocks future assignment to a shipment’s original assigned location has now been added to the Backordered Items API. This allows assignment to be blocked from that location when you do not want backorders to be assigned to the same location when they are released. See the Backordered Items API documentation for more information.
Production Sandbox Features
eCommerce & Order Management Functionality
- Preparation & Delivery: Merchants can now offer preparation and/or delivery services, which shoppers select when adding items to their cart and placing the order. Delivery is a new shipment type in which fulfillers personally deliver a product from the store to the customer, while preparation includes any additional tasks to ready the product such as assembly or warranty. These options, which are handled as “service items,” must be configured in the product catalog and enabled at the location level (in the case of delivery) before they are available to shoppers. See the documentation for more information.
- Refund Ranking: As with existing payment rankings for capture, you can now use site settings to specify the preferred order in which payment should be refunded. When creating a refund, the system will set default payment amounts based on the rankings starting from the one given highest priority. This is supported for both the one-click Initiate Refund and the manual Issue Refund options in the Order Admin. Auto crediting will also refer to refund ranking when it determines which payment methods to credit. If no refund ranking is set, then refunds and credit will be processed in the reverse order of payment ranking. If a payment type is not specified, then it will be processed last. For more information about rankings, see the Payment Settings guide.
- Multiship with Auto Capture: Automatic payment capture is now supported alongside multiship. When both of these features are enabled, then the auto capture will check all of the child orders on a multiship order to determine the total amount that needs to be captured, check all sibling orders to determine the total amount to reauthorize, and update the payment status on all child orders. In the event of a cancellation, the auto process will also determine the amount to be credited across all sibling orders. See the Auto Capture and Multiship documentation for more information.
- Updated Gift Card Email: When resending digital gift card emails from the Order Admin UI, the email template will now always retrieve the current gift card message from the API. This means that if a CSR changes the message and resends the email, then the email will reflect their update instead of displaying the old version. The card number and other data in the email will not change.
- Transfer Shipment Updates: A couple of enhancements have been made to the transfer shipment process. When viewing the list of pickup locations in the Order Admin to assign a transfer, the location options are offered based on inventory availability so that only correct pickup locations can be selected. Backorder shipments will now be created if there is excess quantity requested than available for transfer and pickup (if backordering is enabled, otherwise an error will be returned). Additionally, shoppers are able to add pickup items to their cart if inventory is available at pickup stores OR transfer locations, as transfer locations could supply the product to the pickup store even if the store is already out of stock. However, there is no core theme update to calculate this in the storefront. It will require custom code to make two API calls: one for inventory at the pickup location and one for aggregate inventory across transfer locations.
Order Management & Translated API Functionality
- Item Identifiers in TLogs: Item identifiers (such as physical gift card numbers and PINs that fulfillers record during fulfillment) are now displayed in the sales, returns, credits, and cancels transactional logs. When identifiers exist for an order item, new “unit” fields in the item element will report the name and value of the identifier such as . There will be a separate unit field for each identifier on that item. For more information about transactional logs, refer to the documentation.
- Exclude Future Assignment Toggle: The “Exclude Future Assignment” button that is displayed in steps of the Fulfiller UI such as Validate Stock can now be hidden from users who are not administrators or managers. The localization file within the theme now has a tenant setting for “isAllowExcludeLocation” that can be set to true or false to toggle the button. If toggled off, another setting will confirm whether to display the button for admins and managers or hide the button for all users. This prevents employees without higher access level from selecting that option. It is toggled on for all users by default.
- Historical Order Import Updates: Several improvements have been made to the historical order import process that copies orders from the previous version of Order Management to UCP. An isHistoricalImport flag has now been added to the order data and a Site ID is now required. This process will also update the customer’s lifetime value in UCP and use a separate queue to process these imports than the live UCP orders. Note that historical orders’ status must be Completed or Cancelled and will result in an error otherwise. No fulfillment or shipment creation is done to these imported orders.
- Translated Gift Card Items: The Create Order API fields for a gift card recipient’s name, email address, and gift card message are now mapped to be supported by the translated APIs. Sending a Create Order request through the API translation layer with a request based on the previous version of OMS will convert the data and create a new order in UCP with a digital gift card as an order item. See the API documentation for more information about translated APIs.
- Translated Routing Candidates: The POST request to retrieve order routing location candidates at …/api/v1/routing/candidates is now supported by the translation layer between UCP and the previous version of OMS, allowing upgraded clients who are using translated APIs to continue making their existing requests to this API. See the API documentation for more information about translated APIs.
- Sales Representative Behaviors: The B2B Sales Representative role has been updated with additional behaviors to manage their B2B accounts. Previously, they did not have authorization to enable purchase orders, add customers or segments, add/update/delete users of B2B accounts, and perform other expected actions. This role now has an updated list of permissions and is able to manage B2B account users and customer segments, create and update purchase orders, manage pricelists, etc. See the B2B and User Roles documentation for more information.
- Account Upgrades: B2B APIs now better support the process of upgrading to UCP from a previous version of Kibo eCommerce, allowing existing B2B accounts to be more easily upgraded without breaking due to missing approval statuses that are required in UCP but may not exist in older instances. See the B2B documentation for more information.
The following list summarizes resolved issues for this release.
|Targeted for Production Tenants||Return reason codes were not being displayed in the Return transaction logs as expected. This has been fixed so that the returnReason field is properly retrieved and reported for both partial and full returns.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||Some BOPIS orders were not being automatically cancelled after the customer failed to pick them up within the allotted time, while attempting to cancel them manually resulted in an “order is not in a valid state” error. This was due to a fulfilled transfer shipment on the order blocking the cancellation, but has been fixed so that orders can still be cancelled after receiving a transfer.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||Custom data list values could not be edited or added in Order Routing, resulting in an error indicating that no location was found even if the custom data list was not of the location data type. This has been corrected so that the Order Routing UI better validates the data type, allowing custom data lists to be updated.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||More than 10 mapped attribute values could not be added to a mapping attribute. The limit for these mapped attributes has been increased to 200 to support more mappings when needed.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||The Fulfiller UI was displaying the shipping address instead of the billing address in shipment information, due to the system only passing the shipping address to fulfillment. This has been corrected so that the customer’s billing address is displayed in the FFUI to match the Order Admin.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||If an item cancellation happened during BOPIS order creation due to inventory levels in order routing, then the shipment would begin at the Accept Shipment step of the fulfillment flow instead of the Waiting For Transfer step. Starting fulfillment at the Waiting For Transfer step was expected for sites that are configured to always create a full transfer for all items on the parent BOPIs shipment automatically. This has been fixed so that the behavior for these configurations works as expected by starting a BOPIS shipment in Waiting For Transfer if all of its items were placed into a transfer upon order creation.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||Clicking the shipment number link from the Transfer Received step of a Curbside shipment redirected to a standard BOPIS shipment page instead of the Curbside variant of BOPIS. This has been updated so that transfers redirect to the correct parent shipment fulfillment page for Curbside.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||Attempting to initiate a new return for some products via the Order Admin UI resulted in errors stating that there were null values even though all return information was provided. This was due to various other errors with bundled products, product extras, and unfulfilled shipments. The return creation process has been updated to better handle errors and successfully initiate valid returns.|
|Targeted for Production Sandboxes||Custom data lists based on alphanumeric location codes were unable to be saved in order routing when the data content was configured in the user interface, but the list was successfully saved when the content was uploaded via csv import. This has been fixed so that custom data lists can be created and updated by the order routing user without requiring csv import.|
|Targeted for Production Sandboxes||Submitting a multiship that is paid for with store credit resulted in the child orders being created in Pending status instead of Accepted. Attempting to finish submitting the child orders resulted in an error message about a missing email address. Validation has now been improved to better support multiship so that the child orders are successfully created and generate shipments for fulfillment.|
|Targeted for Production Sandboxes||The tenant switcher in the top navigation bar incorrectly directed dev tenant users to sandboxes instead of production, and vice versa when in the user was in a production tenant. This has been fixed so that users are taken to the correct sandbox or production tenant that they selected.|