Production Tenant Features
eCommerce & Order Management Functionality
- Appeasement Reasons: The Fulfiller UI now allows BOPIS shipments to be edited during the final Provide to Customer step, in which the quantity or unit price can be altered. Doing so will prompt the user to select an appeasement reason for the change. In the Admin UI, these values can also be changed at the line item level (including allowing for unit price adjustments on fulfilled shipments) and will also prompt an appeasement reason to be selected. Making any other shipment-level adjustments will also require a reason to be provided. These changes are then reported in the audit logs for that shipment history. Although a list of standard appeasement reasons are provided by default, this list can be customized via the Refund Reasons Arc.js action.
- Refund/Credit to Gift Cards Updates: Additional updates to support the refunding to new gift cards functionality have been made. The Auto Refund API has been updated to refer to the user’s selection of refunding to a new gift card when handling a return. When a return has been created but a refund has not yet been issued, the return details page in the Admin UI will have the option to “Refund to New Gift Card.” When selected, any refunds made on the return will then be made to new gift cards. You must enable the “Display Refund to New Gift Card Selection” button in the general site settings for this option to be available on the returns page.
- Audit Log for Credits/Refunds: As a follow-up to the feature to process credits to either a new gateway gift card or an existing gift card, credits made to new cards will now be reported in audit log entries. These logs are displayed when viewing order details in the Admin UI and include information about the transaction ID, the original payment information, and the amount credited. Likewise, audit log entries for refunds (which are not restricted to only gift cards, but all refund cases) will also be displayed with this transaction, payment, and refund amount data. See the Admin UI guide for where these audits are located.
- Refund API Update: The Auto Refund API can now account for return processing and shipping/handling fees when calculating the refund amount. This API now supports fields for the line item ID, return processing fee, and a Boolean flag indicating whether or not to include the S&H fee in the return. These options can also be set when initiating a refund in the Admin UI. This will support an update going to sandbox now that will allow UCP to track these values and better communicate refund amounts to Order Admin UI users.
- Backorder Release Update: Backorders void and re-auth credit card payments upon release, but previously they would be sent to Customer Care when there were no payments to re-auth. For instance, payments made through store credit or PayPal are fully captured upon order placement and cannot be re-authed later. In these cases where payment has already been fully processed and does not need to be authorized and captured again, the backorder will now be successfully released for fulfillment without going to Customer Care first.
Order Management Functionality
- Expected Delivery Date Update: A shipment’s Expected Delivery Date is now displayed in both the Order Preparation step for BOPIS/Curbside shipments and the Delivery Preparation step (in addition to the fulfillment type and delivery notes) for Delivery shipments in the Fulfiller UI. By default, calendar icons to change this date are always displayed but can be hidden by toggling off the displayExpectedDeliveryCalendarIcon setting in the customization theme.
- Import Order Part Numbers/SKUs: If an item is not found in inventory records when importing STH orders via the Create Order API, then UCP will set its Product Number and SKU as the values that were passed in with the Import Order API call. Previously, the Product Number and SKU would not be populated if inventory wasn’t found even if those values were provided in the import call. See the API documentation here.
- CyberSource Apple Pay Support: The CyberSource Decision Manager app now supports Apple Pay. When configuring the Decision Manager application, there is now an additional check box for Apple Pay that will enable the app to process fraud checking for payments made through with Apple Pay.
- Item Sold Out Notice: If a customer puts items in a cart and then the items are sold out before they complete the checkout process, they will now receive an error informing them that the item is out of stock. Previously, no error was provided – the item would simply be removed from the checkout.
Production Sandbox Features
eCommerce & Order Management Functionality
- Refund Amount Update: Following up to the 1.2136 update to the Refund API, UCP will utilize the shipping, handling, and processing fees for returns provided per that update. When values are provided for a return processing fee and a Boolean flag indicating whether or not to include the S&H fee in the return, this data will now be factored into refund calculations. This ensures that the proper refund amount after all fees are charged is reflected in the Admin UI and the API response.
- Monetate Replacements: The term “Monetate” has been replaced with “Kibo Personalization” wherever it was named in the UCP Admin UI, specifically under the theme settings for personalization configuration.
Order Management Functionality
- Location Group Setting Updates: When a carrier is enabled in location group settings, you are required to configure at least one shipping method or type as well as its default options. If you attempt to enable a carrier without making these selections, an error will now be displayed that prompts you to set those options. If you cannot provide that information at the time, you are still able to save incomplete carrier settings without enabling the career. Additionally, the Location Group Config API can support custom carriers. The type (whose value should begin with "custom_" as the prefix), name, shipping method names, and default carrier options can be set to a custom carrier (such as BoxKnight). Then, viewing the order’s tracking information in the Admin UI will display the custom carrier name and the tracking number (text only, not a hyperlink). Custom carriers are not yet displayed in the Fulfiller UI, but support will be added in an upcoming release. See the Location Group documentation and the Configuration API for more information.
- Site Builder Pick Wave Updates: To support recent changes to display item options in pick wave documents via the site theme, a few relevant parameters have also been added to the fields available in the Site Builder tool. This includes productOptions and locatorName (the inventory locator name, e.g. the aisle where an item is located in the store) which can be used in the Hypr template for pick wave sheets.
- Delivery Preparation Update: When a Delivery shipment is in the Delivery Preparation step, the button to proceed said “Ready for Pickup” and the instructional pop-up that appeared after clicking that button described pickup instructions as well. This button has been changed to say delivery instead of pickup and the pop-up now explains the intended delivery instructions. See the Delivery user guide for more information about this process.
- Order Routing Filter Update: Adding filters to a group in the Order Routing UI (via the Add Filter button while viewing the Routes page) now displays an updated pop-up modal that matches the one used when adding filters while creating a new group. The user will be presented with a list of available filters and check one or more that they wish to add. See the Order Routing guide for more information about this UI and routing groups.
- Schedule Categories: Static and dynamic categories can now be given start and end dates during which they will be automatically displayed on the storefront. This provides flexibility in setting up categories in advance for a particular time period, such as holiday-themed categories, without having to manually enable and disable them. See the updated user guides for static and dynamic categories for more information.
- Quick Edit - Assign Categories: The product Quick Edits feature now supports assigning categories to products. This includes removing or replacing existing category assignments, adding new category assignments, and updating primary category selections on a set of products in child catalogs. See the updated Quick Edits documentation for more information.
The following list summarizes resolved issues for this release.
|Targeted for Production Tenants||A particular configuration experienced their payment settings being reset on occasion, due to site settings reverting to the sandbox version when a database error was encountered. The error fallback options have been updated so that these settings will not be unnecessarily reset.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||The date filter was not working in the action logs of the Dev Center, only showing logs for the current date. This has been fixed so that action logs can be successfully filtered based on the selected date.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||An error was occasionally encountered when building category structures, due to a disabled parent category existing in the hierarchy with an active child category. The validation logic for categories has been updated to prevent this scenario in the future, as disabling a parent category should also disable its associated children.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||When the ProductSearch Suggest API was queried for a specific category, some product code results that were returned did not belong to that category. This has been corrected so that specifying categories will successfully filter the search results to only products that exist within those categories.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||Transaction logs were failing to properly report all cancel and return cases after the parent order had already been included in a previous report – for example, if an order had two shipments and only the first shipment was fulfilled when a Tlog was generated, then the next Tlog would not include the order information again even if the second shipment was fulfilled in the meantime. This has been fixed so that these Tlogs will include all applicable cases even if a previous event had already been reported for that order.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||The Pickup Ready email for BOPIS orders was sent to the email of the customer that was billed for the order instead of the fulfillment contact (the person picking up the order) that was designated during checkout. This has been corrected so that these email notifications are delivered only to the pickup contact.|
|Targeted for Production Tenants||The PayPal order processing setting of “AuthAndCaptureOnOrderPlacement” was not being honored, as orders were only placed into the Authorized state instead of being captured. This has been corrected so that orders are marked as Paid upon order creation under this setting.|
|Targeted for Production Sandboxes||If a configuration is using |
|Targeted for Production Sandboxes||Transaction logs displayed an incorrect quantity of 0 for items in reassigned shipments, generally for orders with more than 13 items. This was due to the logs being generated while very recent item data was still being updated in the database. These transaction logs will now skip any data that is still in the process of being updated, avoiding this problem in the future.|
|Targeted for Production Sandboxes||Importing catalog data to perform updates was not working correctly, resulting in a Catalog Not Found error despite the data being copied and pasted from a previous export as recommended. This has been fixed so that catalogs can be successfully updated via import.|
|Targeted for Production Sandboxes||The product ranking rules page of the Admin UI was not loading, preventing users from viewing the second page of rules or performing a search. This page has been updated so that it can load all existing rules and search results.|
|Targeted for Production Sandboxes||A product validation error was experienced on the checkout page while attempting to place an order. This was caused by a 404 being returned when the API retrieved all variations of the product instead of the customer’s selected option. This has been fixed so that the checkout will check for the specified variation code to successfully place the order.|
|Targeted for Production Sandboxes||B2B Welcome and Password Reset emails linked to incorrect Site IDs when an account was manually activated, so recipients were unable to reset their passwords and log in. This was due to the sites being in different customer sets, preventing a user from logging into their intended site if the account was activated in the context of the other site. This has been fixed to fetch the correct site ID when approving B2B accounts, but a UI prompt will be added in the future for the approver to select the site they are activating the account for.|
|Targeted for Production Sandboxes||The default limit filter in the Inventory API sometimes prevented records from being reported to order routing, resulting in incorrect item assignments and cancellations. As the limit places a cap on the number of records that will be returned, this issue would occur when there were more inventory records in the system than the limit would allow. This logic has been adjusted to allow a higher number of records to be passed to order routing.|
|Targeted for Production Sandboxes||After clicking the New Shipment button while viewing an order in the Order Admin UI, not all fulfillment locations were accessible by scrolling and attempting a search resulted in an error. After selecting another location and clicking Request Shipment Creation, nothing would happen in the UI while an error was experienced on the back-end. This has been corrected so that locations can be properly selected, searched, and shipments can be requested.|